COMBO SPECIAL PRICES
SLEEVE COMBO $5800
GASTRIC BYPASS COMBO $6800
- This offer is for you if your insurance plan (IP) does not cover weight loss surgery (WLS).
- This price is only valid for WLS done at the same time of an abdominal surgery (AS).
- You must be a candidate for WLS (BMI must be 30 or higher).
- Medical, psychology and dietary evaluations are mandatory before WLS.
- The AS is medically necessary and approved by your IP.
- Examples of AS: umbilical, incisional or hiatal hernia repair, gallbladder removal
- Offer valid only at Mission Regional Medical Center (MRMC). Mission Texas USA
- Your IP must cover the cost of AS at MRMC (hospital must be in network with your insurance)
- Your IP must cover the cost of the Dr. Del Pino performing AS. (doctor must be in your insurance plan network)
- We will verify your IP covers the cost of your AS performed by Dr. Del Pino at MRMC.
- You will be responsible for the copays and deductibles associated with your AS as required by your insurance plan.
- Medicare, Medicaid, most private insurances accepted
- The COMBO SPECIAL price does not include
- costs (copays, deductibles) associated with the AS.
- costs of mandatory preoperative evaluations (medical, psychology, dietary) for WLS patients (approximately $500 if not covered by insurance).
- copay for first visit with Dr. del Pino to evaluate your condition requiring AS.
- costs associated with tests to determine if you have a condition that requires abdominal surgery (for example: endoscopy, CT scan, x-rays, ultrasound))
- additional fees apply if this is a repeat weight loss surgery(sleeve or bypass with lap band removal, sleeve to bypass conversion, re-sleeve, etc.) Call us for info.
- meal replacement diet that is mandatory before surgery. 1-2 weeks. Cost $145/week
- Cash price includes
- hospital stay and meds (up to two nights)
- anesthesia charges (includes preoperative evaluation) for WLS
- pathology charges for WLS
- surgeon fees for WLS
- First postoperative visit
- Vitamin samples
- How do we know if you need abdominal surgery?
- You have a “lump” in your abdomen (belly button hernia, incisional hernia)
- Hiatal hernia: suspected if you feel a burning sensation in the stomach or chest (heartburn) or if food or acid comes back up after you eat or lie flat.
- A hiatal hernia is diagnosed with a test called upper endoscopy or EGD
- Endoscopy is done in the office or in the hospital. Copays/deductibles will apply if you use insurance.
- Price for office endoscopy is $500.
- Price for Upper GI series is $200 at Mission Hospital (January 2018, price may change)
- How do we know if your gallbladder needs to be removed?
- You have gallstones or sludge or a “lazy” gallbladder: you feel indigestion, bloating, nausea, vomiting, right lower rib or upper abdominal pain that sometimes radiates to your back or shoulder (specially after eating).
- You have gallbladder polyps (no symptoms)
- A test may be needed to diagnose gallbladder disease (covered by insurance): abdominal ultrasound or HIDA scan (x-ray).
- Surgery must be paid one week before surgery
- Financing available with www.carecredit.com
- Patient is responsible for care credit fees.
- Surgery cancellations subjected to $300 retention fee for processing costs
- Checks are not accepted
- Credit cards accepted (3% additional fee to cash prices)
- Discount price apply if you pay with cash or cashier checks:
- Sleeve $5500
- Bypass $6500
- Weight Loss Surgery candidates
- BMI 30 or higher
- Weight less than 300 lbs. ($500 additional fee if >300 lbs)
- BMI limit is 50 ($500 additional fee if BMI>50)
- Preoperative meal replacement: 1-2 week diet required (available at doctor’s office, $145/week)
- Must have medical psychology and dietary clearances (insurance usually covers)
- Must stop smoking 4 weeks before surgery
- Out of Town Patients
- Must verify insurance coverage for abdominal surgery at MRMC with Dr. del Pino (both the hospital and Dr del Pino must be in your insurance plan network, otherwise this offer does not apply)
- Checks not accepted.
- Need to be in town in am one day before surgery to see doctor del pino and to go through hospital registration process (price includes anesthesia evaluation)
- Preoperative evaluations and tests should be done at home
- Medical evaluation
- Psychology evaluation
- Dietary evaluation
- Lab work
- $300 fee to start verification process. We take credit card (credited towards surgery cost, retained if surgery not done)
- Package does not include pre-operative evaluations, airfare, hotel stay or transportation costs
- Most patients leave town 2 days postop. You can fly or have somebody drive you
Dr. Mario Del Pino is a board-certified, fellowship trained weight loss surgeon with 15 years of experience. He is the Director of Rio Grande Regional Hospital ASMBSQIP approved bariatric surgery program.
We use Facebook messenger. (Facebook page Mario del Pino MD)
Send us a message if you experience any problems or have any complaints.
Office hours M-F 9-5 9566318155
There is always a surgeon on call.
Please contact answering service 9566318155 after hours
Sometimes doctor takes a while to answer calls because he is operating, call back if you don’t get an answer within one hour.
Cash Program Prices